16 January 2013

Details

Living somewhere outside your home country means a new awareness of details. Everything becomes interesting, even looking at signs at the supermarket, because it's different from what you're used to. All those details give you some sort of information of the place you live. I love being 'omniaware' all the time. It was the same feeling I had in Berlin; just going to buy magazines at my local kiosk (it's called dépanneur here) can be a small adventure on a Saturday night. I love it. I love looking at the way windows look here, the way the sidewalk is made of huge pieces of concrete instead of small square pieces of stone, and how the stairs are long and narrow leading up to your house. All those small details tell me something about life here, and I find it utterly interesting.

No comments: